Advocacy and Support
In addition to regular wellness and recovery groups, Evonne participates in varying capacities at local and national awareness events, conferences and fundraisers.
Evonne is the designated yoga instructor for The Canadian Mental Health Association's National Conference, as well as their annual fundraiser Ride Don't Hide. She runs her program Peaceful Minds Yoga with The Wellness Education Centre at The University of Western Ontario. During September's Recovery Month, she is a community support person for Recovery Week London with Addiction Services of Thames Valley.
Evonne believes that information exchange and personal stories will help improve public awareness and perception of mental health and addiction. Through public speaking, social media and in everyday life, she is part of this movement that creates a more positive and supportive environment for those healing.
Drawing from personal experience, background and education, Evonne is available to shares her knowledge, practices and story in various formats including:
- A Holistic, Healthy Lifestyle Approach to Mental Heath and Addiction
- Living with Mental Heath Challenges - Anxiety Disorders and Depression
- Utilizing the Mind-Body Connection for Mood Management
- Advocacy, Education and Stigma Reduction
- One-on-one, Group and Events